Premium EFT Accreditation Training
About Evidence Based EFT Training
Evidence Based EFT (EBEFT) offers training in Clinical EFT (tested in clinical research trials) for lay people wanting to achieve accreditation or health professionals seeking to upskill.
The objectives of the Evidence Based EFT (EBEFT) Premium Accreditation include:
● Providing a high-quality training that align with the guidelines of the USA Cognitive Somatic Energy Practices National Standards working document
● Establishing a recognition symbol to indicate all training requirements have been met
● Creating an expert level training with its recognition symbol (accreditation in EBEFT)
This Evidence Based EFT Training has been accepted as an International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT) Approved Training Provider.
This training is highly experiential. You will apply the EFT technique to your own circumstances in order to learn how to apply it to clients. Please be prepared to engage at this level for a maximum learning experience.
EBEFT considers accreditation to be very important. Existing clinicians working with clients in a therapy context, or novice practitioners who are developing their EFT skills will find the process of accreditation will enhance their expertise, quality and competency in using EFT with a wide range of clients. Developing a high level of proficiency is vital for comprehensive client care, and the benefits of accreditation include:
• Maximises the teaching and learning experience of EFT training
• Ensures ethically sound and robust EFT clinical practice
• Enhances quality control in the EFT field
• Opportunity for practitioners to demonstrate competence in using EFT
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation as an EBEFT Practitioner is not required in order to practice EFT. Many existing licensed health professionals may want to seek EFT skills training only, however basic training does not cover all the applications possible, and bad habits can and will occur. For best practice, and quality service for clients, ongoing mentoring through the accreditation pathway is strongly recommended.
The Premium Accreditation with EBEFT may be used as professional development for licensed professionals.
Finally, completing accreditation allows practitioners to display the accreditation logo and title on their website and marketing materials. EBEFT is well regarded in the EFT world and Dr Peta Stapleton is the world’s leading researcher in the EFT field. Aligning yourself with this training program will be associated as being reputable and evidence based.
Structure of EBEFT Training
All trainees are required to familiarize themselves with the pre reading materials available here - these may be updated to reflect current research and evidence each year. The primary training is then a 3-day Evidence Based EFT training (in person or live online, not recorded). It will be available for these groups to attend (concurrently or in separate groups at the Trainer's discretion)
• EBEFT for Licensed Health Professionals
• EBEFT for Everyone (lay people training for premium accreditation)
A further 2-day Evidence Based EFT for Trauma is recommended within the following 3-months. This is mandatory for those completing Premium Accreditation but optional for Licensed Health Professionals who are not.
In these EBEFT trainings, you will learn:
- The core principles of Clinical EFT from the research, and how to adapt them to different clinical populations
- A sound understanding of Clinical EFT, and how to use it therapeutically and personally
- How to apply Clinical EFT in group settings
- How to use Clinical EFT to deal with chronic pain
- How to use Clinical EFT to deal with food issues and emotional eating
- How to use Clinical EFT to deal with stress and anxiety
- How to use Clinical EFT for negative automatic thoughts, schemas and core beliefs
- How to use Clinical EFT for goal setting and your practice success
- How to use Clinical EFT to help you cope with the stresses of difficult clients
- The research behind Clinical EFT
- The application of EFT for Trauma is covered in the extension 2-day training
Scripts for Clinical EFT techniques and exercises, which you can adapt as desired for your clients is provided, as well as a variety of useful handouts and worksheets for use with clients. A Certificate of Completion for professional development needs is issued after each training, and a further Premium Accreditation Certificate is issued at the completion of the Accreditation pathway.
Cost of Training
- The pre-reading resources are free when you register
- The in-person (or online) training you attend is typically charged at AU$995 earlybird and AU$1095 fullprice (GST is included in Australia to this, however individual Trainers may adjust this fee based on venue costs and location of training)
- Some trainings are offered online, and live (not recorded)
- Mentoring sessions are charged separately to the EFT training, for those completing Accreditation - mentors set their own fees and should be consulted for this
The Accreditation Pathway
Those completing the Premium Accreditation program are also required to complete:
- 16 mentoring hours (10-hours of individual and 6-hours group supervision)
- 13 hours of self-work
- Video Sample Sessions (reviewed in mentoring sessions) that includes 48 written session notes
- Completion of an online Ethics Exam
Certificate of Completion Requirements: Premium Accreditation Summary
- Completion of 3-day standard EBEFT Training
- Completion of 2-day EBEFT for Trauma Training
- 16 hours of mentoring (individual and group) – includes review of video sessions, 48 written session notes
- 13 hours of self work
- Review of EFT Techniques Sample Cases
- Completion of online Ethics Exam
Completion of the above results in access to the EBEFT accreditation logo, and use of the title Accredited Evidence Based EFT Practitioner. Listing on the accredited practitioners web page is included. Ongoing continuing education is required every year to maintain this listing on the website.
In late 2022 there will also be an Advanced level Accreditation released.Register for a Training
EFT for Personal Use
This is an introductory EFT training open to anyone over the age of 16 years and is typically delivered on a single day. You can attend online or in person. Learn to apply EFT Tapping to 3 areas:
1. EFT for Stress and Worry
EFT has also been shown to lower cortisol levels, which is the stress hormone. Too much cortisol can result in lowered immune function and ultimately affect our physical health. EFT has been shown to down regulate genes associated with the stress response, and improve immune functioning. Learn how to tap for stress in the morning.
2. EFT for Physical Issues (Pain)
Pain is a very real thing, although it is difficult to objectively measure it. Research shows that being in a negative mood makes pain sensations in the body magnified. EFT has been explored for chronic pain and other physical issues, with great success. Learn how to tap on the physical sensations of pain for relief.
3. EFT for Sleep and Energy
EFT may be the new coffee during the afternoon slump after this module! Learn how tapping can assist with energy levels, and also sleep and insomnia. Many research trials have explored EFT for insomnia in a range of age groups and it is a very useful strategy for this area in life.
As a bonus, the day also overviews how to use EFT for Children. Children as young as 4-5 years can also tap! We also cover how to slightly adjust for our younger children, and resources such as handouts and cool ideas for young ones are discussed.
EFT Research: If you are interested in the science and evidence behind EFT and the growing body of research, then be assured it is included! The day's program contains information to the seminal work, and the best websites to explore.Register for a Training
Evidence Based EFT Training for Trauma
This advanced training is delivered face to face over two days, and is for existing professionals trained in EFT wanting to deepen their skills, or for those completing the Premium Accreditation pathway.
Structure of Training
- There are pre requisites to attend this advanced EFT training – you have either attended EBEFT previously (with any Trainer); you are a certified EFT practitioner with EFT Universe, EFT International (previously known as AAMET), or ACEP. Proof of certification will be required.
- The mode of delivery is face-to-face or live online (not recorded) for this training (two days)
- This advanced-level EFT training is intensely practical and you will apply EFT to your own circumstances for maximum learning – be prepared for this
Overview of Training
If you want to help your clients find safety and security in their bodies, unlearn old physical responses to trauma, overcome hyperarousal and hypoarousal, then this 2-day advanced EFT Training is for you. It is designed to show you how to use EFT in a deeper, holistic, integrative way, and to work flexibly with the technique with traumatised clients.
You will specifically learn:
- The 2018 clinical practice guideline recommendations for the use of EFT for treating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (and all the EFT research for trauma)
- The Neurobiology of trauma and how to work effectively with the limbic system
- The role of the autonomic nervous system and the vagus nerve in the trauma response (Polyvagal Theory)
- How to use Clinical EFT to deal with trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome
- Epigenetics and trauma: How trauma affects gene expression
- Why words can’t integrate the disorganized sensations and action patterns that form the core imprint of the trauma
- How to understand and prevent dissociation and help clients calm their bodies and reengage the thinking brain
- How to help clients process traumatic memory with EFT and still have a sense of safety and security in their body
- And much, much more!
You will receive:
- Research articles and recommended guidelines on the clinical use of EFT with trauma
- Complete course notes
- Certificate of Completion
Cost of Training
- The research articles and resources are free when you register
- The in-person training you attend is typically AU$995 earlybird and AU$1095 fullprice (GST is included in this, however individual Trainers may adjust this fee based on venue costs and location of training)
- Some trainings are delivered in person and others are online, live (not recorded)