We aim to help practitioners deliver EFT more successfully through the highest quality training in Clinical EFT, the kind of EFT tested in clinical research trials. Evidence Based EFT (EBEFT) Training includes:
• Premium Accreditation
EBEFT Workshops are open to both licensed health professionals and laypeople. Most have prerequisites that range from pre-reading only to prior attendance at other EBEFT workshops, depending on the level of the workshop.
For practitioners seeking the highest level of training, EBEFT Premium Accreditation is available to both licensed health professionals and laypeople. Accreditation is offered in two levels:
• Accredited Practitioner
• Accredited Advanced Practitioner
In addition to attendance at the specified workshops, accreditation has a number of other skill and experience building requirements, including extensive one to one private and group mentoring/supervision in Clinical EFT.
The objectives of the Evidence Based EFT Premium Accreditation include:
• Providing high-quality training that aligns with the guidelines of the USA Cognitive Somatic Energy Practices National Standards working document.
• Establishing recognition symbols to indicate all training requirements for the level of accreditation have been met.
• Showcasing practitioners who have achieved Premium Accreditation on the EBEFT website practitioner listing.
Evidence Based EFT Practitioner Training
This Evidence Based EFT Training has been accepted as an International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT) Approved Training Provider.
This training is highly experiential. You will apply the EFT technique to your own circumstances in order to learn how to apply it to clients. Please be prepared to engage at this level for a maximum learning experience.
Structure of EBEFT Training
All trainees are required to familiarize themselves with the pre reading materials available here - these may be updated to reflect current research and evidence each year. The primary training is an Evidence Based EFT Practitioner training (21 class hours in person or live online, not recorded).
A further Evidence Based EFT for Trauma Training (14 class hours) is also available. This is mandatory for those completing Premium Accreditation but optional for those who are not.
In these EBEFT trainings, you will learn:
- The core principles of Clinical EFT from the research, and how to adapt them to different clinical populations
- A sound understanding of Clinical EFT, and how to use it therapeutically and personally
- How to apply Clinical EFT in group settings
- How to use Clinical EFT to deal with chronic pain
- How to use Clinical EFT to deal with food issues and emotional eating
- How to use Clinical EFT to deal with stress and anxiety
- How to use Clinical EFT for negative automatic thoughts, schemas and core beliefs
- How to use Clinical EFT for goal setting and your practice success
- How to use Clinical EFT to help you cope with the stresses of difficult clients
- The research behind Clinical EFT
- The application of EFT for Trauma is covered in the extension 2-day training
A Certificate of Completion for professional development needs is issued after each training, and a further Premium Accreditation Certificate is issued at the completion of the Accreditation pathway.
Cost of Training
- The pre-reading resources are free when you register
- The in-person (or online) training you attend is typically charged at AU$995 earlybird and AU$1095 fullprice (GST is included in Australia to this, however individual Trainers may adjust this fee based on venue costs and location of training)
- Some trainings are offered online, and live (not recorded)
Evidence Based EFT Training for Trauma
This specialised training is delivered face to face over 14 class hours and is for existing professionals trained in EFT wanting to deepen their skills, or for those completing the Premium Accreditation pathway.
Structure of Training
- There are pre requisites to attend this advanced EFT training – you have either attended EBEFT previously (with any Trainer); you are a certified EFT practitioner with EFT Universe, EFT International (previously known as AAMET), or ACEP. Proof of certification will be required
- The mode of delivery is face-to-face or live online (not recorded) for this training
- This EFT training is intensely practical and you will apply EFT to your own circumstances for maximum learning – be prepared for thi
Overview of Training
If you want to help your clients find safety and security in their bodies, unlearn old physical responses to trauma, overcome hyperarousal and hypoarousal, then this specialised EFT Training is for you. It is designed to show you how to use EFT in a deeper, holistic, integrative way, and to work flexibly with the technique with traumatised clients.
You will specifically learn:
- The 2018 clinical practice guideline recommendations for the use of EFT for treating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (and all the EFT research for trauma)
- The Neurobiology of trauma and how to work effectively with the limbic system
- The role of the autonomic nervous system and the vagus nerve in the trauma response (Polyvagal Theory)
- How to use Clinical EFT to deal with trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome
- Epigenetics and trauma: How trauma affects gene expression
- Why words can’t integrate the disorganized sensations and action patterns that form the core imprint of the trauma
- How to understand and prevent dissociation and help clients calm their bodies and reengage the thinking brain
- How to help clients process traumatic memory with EFT and still have a sense of safety and security in their body
- And much, much more!
You will receive:
- Research articles and recommended guidelines on the clinical use of EFT with trauma
- Complete course notes
- Certificate of Completion
Cost of Training
- The research articles and resources are free when you register
- The in-person training you attend is typically AU$995 earlybird and AU$1095 fullprice (GST is included in this, however individual Trainers may adjust this fee based on venue costs and location of training)
- Some trainings are delivered in person and others are online, live (not recorded)
In addition to the training workshops, pathways to both foundational and advanced (coming in 2023) accreditation is offered. Those who succeed in completing all accreditation requirements will be offered special recognition which includes an EBEFT Accredited Practitioner listing on this website (coming soon).
Candidates endeavouring to achieve EBEFT Premium Accreditation must take both the EFT Practitioner training and EFT Trauma training workshops and complete a number of other important requirements, from mentoring/supervision to EFT self work.
Details and costs for this can be found HERE.
Find Upcoming Training Dates
Evidence Based EFT Advanced Practitioner Training
This training is highly experiential. You will apply the EFT technique to your own circumstances in order to learn how to apply it to clients. Please be prepared to engage at this level for a maximum learning experience. These trainings are open to EFT practitioners to deepen their skills, either within the EBEFT Accreditation pathways or outside this.
Structure of EBEFT Advanced Training:
Attendees coming from outside EBEFT training must complete a Clinical EFT Mini Review self-study online course before attending (2-5 hours estimated time to complete). See here for details.
In these Advanced EBEFT trainings, you will learn:
Review of foundational concepts
More about the Art of Delivery
Parts work/Gestalt (Inner Child work)
How to skillfully use reframes
Dealing effectively with reversals/secondary gain
Alternative setup statements
Session goal setting
Best practices for when suicidal ideation presents
Special considerations when working with anger
Approaching long term/complex mental and physical issues
A Certificate of Completion for professional development needs is issued after each training, and a further Premium Advanced Accreditation Certificate is issued at the completion of the Advanced Accreditation pathway.
Cost of Training
The in-person (or online) training you attend is typically charged at AU$1195 earlybird and AU$1295 fullprice (GST is included in Australia to this, however individual Trainers may adjust this fee based on venue costs and location of training). Some trainings are offered online, and live (not recorded).
Premium Advanced Accreditation
As with the Practitioner Training, there is an Advanced Practitioner Training which this workshop can be applied towards and which leads to an EBEFT Advanced Practitioner Accreditation. Details and costs can be found here.
EBEFT recommends a number of trainings which focus on specific areas and applications of EFT. These workshops run throughout the year and are open to people who have a minimum amount of Clinical EFT Training, though some are suited to more advanced practitioners. The workshop description will note any requirements or pre-requisites.
Currently there are specialty workshops covering the following subjects:
- Chronic Pain
- Weight Issues / Eating Disorders
In addition, the following workshops are being developed and will be posted when available
- Tapping for Relationships
- EFT for Peak Performance
- EFT for Fertility Issues
- EFT for Sleep Issues
- The Imagineering Technique
- EFT for Abundance and Goal Setting
- EFT for Vicarious Trauma & Practitioner Wellbeing.
All specialty workshops count towards Advanced Accreditation required training hours. See workshop descriptions for details.
Cost of Training
- Registration costs for sociality workshops vary depending on a variety of factors including that some attendees may need to purchase and complete an online self study Clinical EFT Mini Review course before attending
- Some are delivered online and some are offered in person
- Class hours depend on the length of the training
Online Programs & Education
EFT HQ | Online Education
EFT HQ is our all inclusive online education platform for EFT practitioners & community members wanting to deepen their learning and application of EFT to a wide range of areas.
- Video Education
- Online Courses
- Expert Interviews
- Downloadable Resources
- 24/7 Access
- Support Community
- Bonus Online Programs
Tapping In the Classroom
This is our signature training for teachers.
This 11-module (20 hours professional development) training will give teachers the skills to help students:
- Recognise and understand their emotions.
- Discover how to become confident, resilient and adaptable.
- Improve well-being, self-esteem and academic success.
Help your clients transform their eating habits with the power of Tapping.
The EFT for Weight Management Practice Certificate is an online course created to give Health Professionals a better understanding on how to apply EFT (Tapping) to weight management concerns.