Our Commitment to You
Our Commitment to You
Evidence-based EFT is committed to providing high quality and responsive services at all times. However, we recognise that sometimes people may not be satisfied with those services. We have therefore set up a Complaints Procedure to enable people to tell us clearly when and why they are not satisfied with any of our services or trainings.
Complaints Policy – If you are unhappy with a service or the level of service provided by an EBEFT Practitioner or Trainer, you may wish to raise it first directly with the person concerned in order to try to resolve the matter as quickly as possible. Otherwise students have the right to file a written complaint. The form is available upon a student’s request. Please give full details of the issues you wish to raise and where you believe the issues raised are in violation of the EBEFT Code of Conduct and Ethics. The complaints will be reviewed within 14 working days. The complaint will be reviewed and resolved by the administrative staff when possible. If the complaint is not satisfied it will be escalated to Dr Peta Stapleton as the Director. All complaints are dealt with in confidence, although we do use the evidence gathered from any complaint to help improve our services, and keep all details of complaints and how they are handled for the annual review of our service.
Student completes the complaint form and submits it on-line. The complaints will be reviewed within 14 working days. The complaint will be reviewed and resolved by the administrative staff when possible. If the complaint is not satisfied it will be escalated to Dr Peta Stapleton. The complaint and resolution will be kept for Annual reports and subsequent renewal applications by the Administrative Staff.
How to Appeal If You Are Not Satisfied
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can ask to have all of the evidence reviewed by a member (or members) of EBEFT who have had no previous involvement with the complaint. They will be asked to prepare a report on their findings. An appeal against a decision must be made within 28 calendar days of the decision being announced. No appeal will be considered by EBEFT after this period has lapsed. We will keep you fully informed throughout the course of the complaint and in all cases, attempt to bring about a just resolution as quickly as possible. Please submit the form via email when it is complete.
Cancellation Policy all online and in person programs –
- 10% Cancellation Fee will be deducted from your refund if you cancel your registration for in person programs up to 1 year – 6 months prior
- 25% Cancellation Fee will be deducted from your refund if you cancel your registration for in person programs 6 – 3 months prior
- 50% Cancellation Fee will be deducted from your refund if you cancel your registration for in person programs up to 3 months – 2 weeks prior
- No refund for cancellations 2 weeks prior to day of in person programs
- No refund for changing your mind after purchasing online programs
- Medical emergencies exceptions: Cancellations for medical emergencies will be considered with a Doctor’s note. The cancellation will be evaluated on an individual basis and once confirmed will be refunded less an administration fee of 10%.
- COVID exceptions: Should your training be cancelled due to a trainer contracting COVID-19 or you contract COVID and cannot attend, EBEFT's standard cancellation policy and charges shall not apply. Instead, you will be offered a refund of the training fee, or a transfer to a future training.
Code of Conduct Evidence Based EFT®
Evidence Based EFT® (EBEFT) is a private company that aims to provide the highest quality EFT training and information based on validated research while promoting best practices for trauma awareness and high ethical and safety standards through premium accreditation of the practitioners we train and recommend on our website.
As a pillar in the EFT community, we hold ourselves, our trainers, our mentors and our accredited practitioners to high standards of excellence and integrity in our lives and within EBEFT™. Given our commitment to exemplifying the delivery of an inclusive, trustworthy, and evidence-based healing modality, we agree to the following:
1. We make it clear that we are providing premium training and that Premium Accreditation* status is further conferred upon those recommended by their mentors and trainers and therefore not automatically guaranteed by Evidence Based EFT.
*As a duty of care to the general public, EBEFT reserves the right to withhold accreditation status in the unlikely event that an individual’s mentors assess the trainee to have demonstrated behaviour that is either directly intolerant, judgemental, or abusive towards any client or that leads them to believe there is a risk of this happening.
Accredited Practitioners hold themselves to high standards by keeping agreements, operating with honour and integrity in business dealings, and being a model of what it is to live as a professional committed to client safety and healing.
2. Accredited Practitioners agree to be become aware of and be mindful of the laws and regulations in their place of practice with regards to the use of words like "healing" and "therapy" and "cure" and to refrain from using language reserved for licensed health practitioners if they are not themselves licensed. It is the position of Evidence Based EFT that Clinical EFT is the therapeutic use of a stress reduction technique and not a "therapy" as such.
3. Accredited Practitioners might choose to engage in relationships with each other that involve financial transactions or investments. Accredited Practitioners who choose to engage with each other in this way understand that EBEFT as a private company does not promote, endorse or warrant the quality of these transactions and therefore, Accredited Practitioners who choose to engage with each other where there may be a financial impact, choose to be solely responsible for the outcome.
4. It is the agreement of all EBEFT Accredited Practitioners that they give permission for the contact information they provide to the EBEFT online directory to be publicly visible. They further acknowledge that the contact information of other Accredited Practitoners not be used for mass-mailing purposes or for group solicitations.
5. Accredited Practitioners agree to maintain strict confidentiality with regards to their clients’ experiences and revelations in any and all forms, from private conversations to published articles, unless given express permission in writing prior.
6. Accredited Practitioners agree to be mindful of social media posts. Members endeavour to avoid public posts that
· are in opposition to scientifically validated information
· defame, abuse or model hate speech in any way
· defame or abuse EBEFT, its trainers, mentors and administrators
7. Accredited Practitioners agree to uphold the values taught in the ethics training within Premium Accreditation, with respect to their conduct both within their client practitioner relationships and relationships with other practitioners, mentors and trainers.
8. Accredited Practitioners agree to maintain practitioners insurance.
9. Accredited Practitioners agree to complete the required 6 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and to provide evidence of this on an annual basis to continue using the Premium Accreditation badge, being listed on the EBEFT site and calling themselves a Premium Accredited EBEFT Practitioner in any and all forms.